Partners & Links
- The PEI HR Toolkit: an introductory free resource with ideas and tips, practical guides, checklists, downloadable and customizable templates to help you find, keep and develop valued employees.
- EforcePEI : an online learning initiative of the Province of P.E.I. to help small and medium-sized enterprises become more productive and competitive, providing job seekers, current employees, businesses, and non-profits across Prince Edward Island with FREE online courses.
- WorkPEI :for employers and job seekers. Search hundreds of PEI job listings. Share your resume or job posting on Prince Edward Island’s number one job site.
- SkillsPEI: a division of the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture, managing the design and delivery of employment and skills development programming.
- Innovation PEI’s goal is to build a vibrant, diverse and growing Prince Edward Island economy by providing funding and expertise to enable strategic sectors, accelerate entrepreneurship, and foster innovation.
- The shift program addresses and prevent sexual harassment in Island workplaces through awareness, education and training that is tailored for employers, employees, high school students and the general public.
NEWS RELEASEHuman resources training for small rural businesses makes better employers
June 2022 – Souris, PEI – For the second year in a row, Momentum HR is providing an accelerated human resources program to small business owners and entrepreneurs in rural Prince Edward Island.
Supported by Skills PEI, Innovation PEI, ACOA, and CBDC East, Momentum HR gives new and seasoned business owners a taste of the basics of their signature program.
“By bringing the training to where businesses are located throughout rural PEI, we’re able to meet them in their communities and at their businesses,” says Margaret Gallant, human resources (HR) consultant with the program. “We’re providing an accelerated program for business owners, executive directors and managers who are looking for the basics to build on their current knowledge so they can run their businesses with improved HR skills.”
Starting and running a business requires learning many new skills, including ensuring the employee experience is solid. The accelerated HR program teaches the basics to business owners who can then take their skills back to their teams. From recruitment and retention to performance management, conflict resolution and understanding the labour code, the program touches on the aspects of human resources that are vital to the success of a small business.
“The training I received in the accelerated HR program gave me the skills I needed to approach the HR responsibilities in my business with confidence,” says Justin Cheverie of JP Cheverie Construction, located in Red Point, PEI. “The best part is that their coaching is directed to those of us running a business in rural PEI: the information is specific and very valuable.”
Participants in the program are also entitled to one-on-one human resource coaching with a trained facilitator for the duration of their program. This bonus allows business owners to have individual attention and gain insight into specific issues and challenges that may require extra support and time.
For more information about Momentum HR, please contact: [email protected]